Thursday, October 11, 2012

Frustrated

I feel so frustrated that Caliah is declining in her school studies.
I just know something deeper is going on, and I can't get it out of her.
I spoke with her teacher today after class. I could see his frustration and concern. I noticed that he genuinely cares for her. He also is eager to help her progress...I just wish we knew how to!

This child is me, to the dot.
Not only does she look like me, character wise, she's me!
And it's frustrating dealing with her, because it's as if I was dealing with myself.
You'd think it'd be easier to 'deal' with, but it's actually much more difficult.
I am impatient. I am anxious.
And those two qualities are the things that will make her clam up, as it does to me, too!

So, how do I approach this battle?!

Her teacher is amazing. He wants to help her, and is going to request an assessment. I will look into a tutor, if the school doesn't supply one. I just can't afford a tutor, I can barely afford rent :( So, hopefully there's a way to help this girl!

She loves going to school. She'd rather go to school, than stay home.
She used to love learning. Now, I know something is bothering her.
Maybe it's as simple, yet complicated as growing up.
She is going through CPP...maybe her body changes are affecting her, mentally.
I don't know, she won't tell me!

I just want to crawl under a rock, and cry, and sleep this stage away.
Then I feel like a worthless mother, for feeling this way. But, if I can't help her now, how will I be able to handle her teens?! When shit gets real, and really tough for her, and us, as a family...having a teenage daughter...oy.

If I believed in God, right now I'd be saying a prayer...
But, I don't therefore, I am just hoping for patience.


No comments: